The Church was originally organized as an unincorporated Baptist religious organization sometime during the year of 1913. The church held services in the homes of its members. Little was preserved of the history of the church during this period of its initial organization until its reorganization in 1915. As of 2020, Friendship is under the leadership of Pastor Edward Jackson, Jr.. Friendship celebrated 100 years of service August 23, 2015.