The Fostering Innovation in Teaching with Technology (FITT) Academy is a hands-on project-specific faculty development opportunity sponsored by Resources for Information, Technology and Education (RITE).
Project applications use the following required criteria:
- Feasible: Projects must align with the campus strategic plan and be of size and scope to be substantially completed by close of the Academy using current personnel and resources in RITE.
- Innovative: The sponsors encourage innovative/out-of-box thinking relative to the faculty member’s experience and expertise.
- Transformative: Projects have the potential to enhance or change students' active engagement in developing knowledge and skills, critical thinking, higher-order skills, and/or communication with use of technology.
- Adaptive Learning Technologies
- Games and Gamification/Credential
- The Internet of Things/Beacon
- Mobile Learning/ Tablet Computing/ Bring Your Own Device
- Makerspaces/3D Printing/ Robotics
- Wearable Technology/ Quantified Self
- Artificial Intelligence/ Virtual Assistants
- Next-Generation Learning Management System (LMS) -
- Augmented & Virtual Reality
- Blockchain/Crypto Currency
- Computer User-Interfaces
- Universal Design for Learning