Download Full Text (156.6 MB)
A publication in honor of SUNY Buffalo State's 75th diamond jubilee anniversary. The text was researched and composed by the Committee on College History comprised of: Andrew W. Grabau, Charles A. Messner, Harry W. Rockwell, and Kate V. Wofford.
- CHAPTER I - The Normal School Develops in America, 1834-1866
- CHAPTER II - Founding the State Normal School in Buffalo, 1866-1871
- CHAPTER III - Building Firm Foundations, 1871-1919
- CHAPTER IV - Years of Growth and Expansion, 1919-1946
- CHAPTER V - The Builders of the College
- CHAPTER VI - Classroom Personalities
- CHAPTER VII - General Student Activities
- CHAPTER VIII - Student Organizations - Special Interest Groups
- CHAPTER IX - The Alumni of the College
- CHAPTER X - The Years Ahead
Archives & Special Collections Department, E. H. Butler Library
Education | History
"New York State College for Teachers at Buffalo, a History: 1871-1946." A Selection of Works on the History of Buffalo State College. Archives & Special Collections Department, E. H. Butler Library, SUNY Buffalo State.
Please refer to our copyright statement for more information.